Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Francesco Nigro <fn...@doxee.com> on 2013/03/22 12:49:34 UTC

referencing fonts in pdf and embedding them in pdf-a with one fop.xconf

Hi all,
I'm trying to create one fop.xconfig so that fonts are automatically embedded in pdf-A and referenced in pdf.

I defined the tag <referenced-fonts> and also the embed-url attribute but referenced-fonts always prevails and pdf-a generation fails with this error:
org.apache.fop.pdf.PDFConformanceException: For PDF/A-1b, all fonts have to be embedded!

My config is:
<fonts>
  <referenced-fonts>
    <match font-family="Arial"/>
  </referenced-fonts>

</fonts>

I have read the manual pages and searched online but I didn't find a clear answer;
there is a way to do that with just one config file?

Thank you very much

[cid:image002.png@01CE26FB.B48C6670]

Francesco Nigro
Reserch and Development
Land: +39 059 88680<tel:%2B39%20059%2088680>

fnigro@doxee.com<ma...@doxee.com>
doxee.com<http://www.doxee.com/>
facebook.com/doxeeinc<http://www.facebook.com/doxeeinc>
@DoxeeInc<https://twitter.com/DoxeeInc>

Re: referencing fonts in pdf and embedding them in pdf-a with one fop.xconf

Posted by "Terence M. Bandoian" <te...@tmbsw.com>.
On 3/22/2013 6:49 AM, Francesco Nigro wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I’m trying to create one fop.xconfig so that fonts are automatically
> embedded in pdf-A and referenced in pdf.
>
> I defined the tag <referenced-fonts> and also the embed-url attribute
> but referenced-fonts always prevails and pdf-a generation fails with
> this error:
>
> org.apache.fop.pdf.PDFConformanceException: For PDF/A-1b, all fonts
> have to be embedded!
>
> My config is:
>
> <fonts>
>
> <referenced-fonts>
>
> <match font-family="Arial"/>
>
> </referenced-fonts>

> </fonts>
>
> I have read the manual pages and searched online but I didn’t find a
> clear answer;
>
> there is a way to do that with just one config file?
>
> Thank you very much

Hi, Francesco-

I'm not sure if there is. I used two config files in a similar situation.

-Terence Bandoian

RE: referencing fonts in pdf and embedding them in pdf-a with one fop.xconf

Posted by Francesco Nigro <fn...@doxee.com>.
Ok, thank you very much for your answer

Posted by Luis Bernardo <lm...@gmail.com>.