Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Michal Singer <Mi...@expand.com> on 2008/06/10 15:54:58 UTC

How to use the result of XPath Extractor

hi. i am trying to figure out how to use the result of the XPath Extractor.
Where is the result stored at? how can i use this value? Do I need to write
some code to use this result or is there another way to see it ?

Thanks, Michal

Re: How to use the result of XPath Extractor

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#XPath_Extractor

says:

Reference Name  	 The name of the JMeter variable in which to store the result.

So just use the variable where required.

See also:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/functions.html

Re: How do I turn a failed request green?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 10/06/2008, Ivan Rodriguez <iv...@cybercomgroup.com> wrote:

>  My Script  makes a request that generates 3 additional requests. These I can see with the result tree Listener.
>
>  The problem is that the last of those three requests always fails, but the functionality works most of the time whether the last request fails or not. With help of the response on that last request I can figure out whether the test as a whole was a success or not.

Why does the last request always fail?

What is the failure message?

Posted by Ronald Van de Kuil <ro...@nl.ibm.com>.
Hello Ivan,

Version 2.3.1 should give you this functionality. The icons for fail is
red with an exclamation mark and the OK one is green with a check. The
criteria for fail or success are added through adding assertions to the
request.

In the aggregate report you will also see an error percentage per URL.

I hope this helps.

Met Vriendelijke Groet,
Ronald van de Kuil

Stuck in the past somewhere in the future? NO WAY!!!

Ivan Rodriguez <iv...@cybercomgroup.com>
10-06-2008 16:22
Please respond to
"JMeter Users List" <jm...@jakarta.apache.org>

JMeter Users List <jm...@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
How do I turn a failed request green?

My Script  makes a request that generates 3 additional requests. These I
can see with the result tree Listener.

The problem is that the last of those three requests always fails, but the
functionality works most of the time whether the last request fails or
not. With help of the response on that last request I can figure out
whether the test as a whole was a success or not.

My problem is that I run this test heavily and it is hard to see how many
times the test was successful since I always get a failed request and
cannot distinguish the successful test from the unsuccessful ones.

Is there a way to check the answer of a request and depending on it turn
it blue or red?

/Ivan

Tenzij hierboven anders aangegeven: / Unless stated otherwise above:
IBM Nederland B.V.
Gevestigd te Amsterdam
Inschrijving Handelsregister Amsterdam Nr. 33054214

How do I turn a failed request green?