Posted to users@ace.apache.org by Simone Giacomelli <si...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/20 11:53:19 UTC

Ace agent

I've played a bit around Ace and I find it very useful.

I would like to use it as main deploy manager for about 2000 computers (and
growing).

I've seen that the agent use System/osgi properties to setup it's identity
name and server url.

I need to customize the identification process, in order to register,
acknowledge and authenticate targets.
I've seen through the classes that there are customization (I hope so :)

Any advice where to look for? Some source or documentation? Sample
projects, spare sources?

thanks in advance,

--
Simone Giacomelli
Mobile: +39 333 9770618

Re: Ace agent

Posted by Simone Giacomelli <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi Marcel,
  thanks for your fast reply!

In these days I've seen many slide and papers on ACE with your name on :)

Your instructions are quite clear. I have no experience (1 day) on OSGi but
I find it thrilling.
And ACE is exactly what I need. With REST api !! It is great.

Now I'm going to investigate further on your suggestions.

Please, if there are more materials/slides/docs or link I should look,
don't hesitate to link them to me.

best regards
Simone

--