Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Dan Bress <db...@onyxconsults.com> on 2015/03/08 15:13:40 UTC

Release branch workflow business

Hey Joe and all,

   What is your plan/process for creating release branches to do the 0.0.2 release(and future releases) in?  I was under the impression that you would want to do this as soon as all of the 0.0.2 tickets are closed(which I thought I heard has happened).  If all the 0.0.2 tickets are complete, I'd recommend making a branch to do the release in so that we can begin integrating any of the 0.1.0 features in develop.  I'm recommending from a somewhat selfish standpoint so that the component documentation feature I worked on can be integrated before more changes happen in develop that might cause the merge to be problematic.

   Let me know what you think,

Dan Bress
Software Engineer
ONYX Consulting Services

Re: Release branch workflow business

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hello

I am a +1 on the statements/concerns.  Can you please edit the
release-guide on our site to provide more precision about how this
should flow and why (so people can safely continue building on dev)?

We need to make this information/process well understood.  In addition
to documenting our agreements it is also important we fully document
the dance that is the release process so folks can comfortably pick up
the RM ball and run with it.

Thanks
Joe

Posted by Brandon DeVries <br...@jhu.edu>.