Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Jie Li <ja...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/26 06:06:38 UTC

When is the status of isr updated

Hello,

We observed in some cases the isr were outdated: healthy brokers may be
missing from isr, or dead brokers may still stay in isr for a while.  My
guess is the list of isr is only updated upon a few events, e.g. when a
message is written to the partition, or when the brokers come online?

Thanks,
Jie

Re: When is the status of isr updated

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jie,

If you see frequent changes in the ISR for some partitions, you can follow
the recommendation
here<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/FAQ#FAQ-HowtoreducechurnsinISR?WhendoesabrokerleavetheISR?>to
address that.

Thanks,