Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com> on 2014/11/12 16:19:36 UTC

Merging OAK-2015 and OAK-2255 into 1.0 branch

hi

alex was recently asking whether
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-2255
should be merged into the 1.0 branch.

based on a discussion wrt merging fixes into the 1.0 branch,
i would like to suggest that we merge both fixes OAK-2015
and OAK-2255 into the branch.

wdyt?
angela

Re: Merging OAK-2015 and OAK-2255 into 1.0 branch

Posted by Michael Dürig <md...@apache.org>.
Sorry dropped the ball on this.

On 13.11.14 2:25 , Angela Schreiber wrote:
> sure... i thought the issue reference would be enough :-)
>
> OAK-2015 addresses a bug with the handling of jcr:all in the
> permission store. more precisely: since jcr:all is a dynamic
> privilege the corresponding entries in the permission store
> must reflect that dynamic nature and not the set of aggregated
> privileges at the point when the permission store entry is
> being created.
>
> that's imo a critical issue that will cause an inconsistent
> permission store if privileges are being registered after
> repository initialization.
>
> OAK-2255 fixes a bug introduced by addressing OAK-2015.
> the fix is trivial.

+1 for merging, given the potential for inconsistencies and that the fix
is simple.

Michael

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Michael Dürig <md...@apache.org>.