Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ruben Badaró <ru...@praxia.pt> on 2003/09/03 19:22:24 UTC

Store Soap results in Session variables

Hi everyone.

I'm making a SOAP call in XSP and I want to store the results in a Session
variable. My problem is the fact that I don't know how to access to Session
variables outside XSP.
If I could embed XSP logic in XSL it would be possible but I don't know if
that's possible.

I thought about programming a transformer specifically for this and read a
little bit about it but I didn't understand how to develop a transformer.

Can somebody help me please? :)

Thanks in advance

Ruben Badaró

Re: Store Soap results in Session variables

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jh...@virbus.de>.
It's not possible with XSP, because they can only be used on the
generator stage. Actions are also not possible, because they are
executed before pipeline execution. You have to do the storing after
SOAP, so a transformer is the only possibility.

For writing your own transformer take a simple transformer like the log
transformer as starting base.

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/transformers/transformers.html
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Transformer
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/developing/extending.html#When+to+write+a+Transformer
and especially
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=ImplementingTransformers

I hope the resources can at least help a bit.

The shortage of Cocoon of handling SOAP was already mentioned on the dev
list short time ago
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&w=2&r=1&s=soap&q=b).
Especially if you want to do different things in the pipeline depending
on the SOAP results.

Joerg