Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Z W <mp...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/06 20:49:36 UTC

How to remove or transfer root.log with JMeter and setting commend line parameters

Hi

1 - My experience with JMeter is that root.log file is created when a
Jmeter run completes.
How to do I redirect this file to some other filename or disable it ?

2 - I like to run Jmeter in non-GUI method.
How do I set these parameters on command line
a- Number of threads
b- ramp-up period
c- loop count
d- Uniform Random Timer: Thread Delay Properties i) Random Delay Max
(in ms), ii) Constant Delay Offset (in ms)

Thanks

Re: How to remove or transfer root.log with JMeter and setting commend line parameters

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 06/10/2008, Z W <mp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
>  1 - My experience with JMeter is that root.log file is created when a
>  Jmeter run completes.
>  How to do I redirect this file to some other filename or disable it ?

The only file that JMeter creates by default is jmeter.log, which is
created in the launch directory:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/get-started.html#logging

This can be changed using the "log_file" entry in jmeter.properties or
using the -j option:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/get-started.html#options

It's not a good idea to disable the jmeter log file.

>  2 - I like to run Jmeter in non-GUI method.
>  How do I set these parameters on command line
>  a- Number of threads
>  b- ramp-up period
>  c- loop count
>  d- Uniform Random Timer: Thread Delay Properties i) Random Delay Max
>  (in ms), ii) Constant Delay Offset (in ms)

See

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-jmeter/JMeterFAQ#head-81e8fdc6d08e5b574a06556f597f788df8ed12fe