Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Salvador Gaytan <sa...@vodori.com> on 2011/03/22 19:32:55 UTC

PDFBox retrieving specific data from PDF

Hello, and thanks to those that can help me with this issue. We are currently running PDFBox 1.4.0 and would like to parse and retrieve certain fields from within the PDF.

I have looked into getting only text from the document, however, this inserts line breaks after every line and I cannot determine the length of the paragraph. Is it possible to tell PDFBox to retrieve the "second" paragraph from the document, or something similar? I am new to PDFBox and am working to do fantastic things with it. Thanks.

Salvador Gaytan | Vodori Inc | salvador.gaytan@vodori.com<ma...@vodori.com> | (c) 773.308.8187