Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "dennis@zserve.com" <de...@zserve.com> on 2001/06/19 21:01:22 UTC

XML Specs

Hello list,

I'm new to Jmeter,

After reading the online documentation, I have not found info for the
syntax that go
in each jmx file.

I get the hint that the GUI should allow me to enter this information
in, but when I click
on an item, nothing happens on the right side of the GUI.  Is this
simply not
implimented yet or perhaps is the version I downloaded not working
properly.

(Downloaded 1.6.1).

I was able to run a simple url test but it would sure be nice if I could
configure things
a little more.

Any suggestions where to go next?

Thanks in advance.

-Dennis

Re: GUI Failure

Posted by "dennis@zserve.com" <de...@zserve.com>.
An added Note:  The program works fine under windows.

GUI Failure

Posted by "dennis@zserve.com" <de...@zserve.com>.
Mike,

Re: XML Specs

Posted by "dennis@zserve.com" <de...@zserve.com>.
Sure enough, I downloaded the latest jdk from sun ( 1.3.1 ) and it works
fine.
There must be some minor upgrade between those versions that fixes some
of the swing
components on linux.

Thanks
-Dennis

Re: XML Specs

Posted by Mike Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
I am on Mandrake, using sun's jdk 1.3.0_01, HotSpot client.  It works fine.

-Mike

On Wednesday 20 June 2001 17:27, you wrote:
> Here is another little quirk.
>
> The Gui works fine with IBMs jdk1.3.
> Windows works with Either jdk.
>
> Linux/sun jdk1.3 doesn't seem to handle the GUI elements right.
>
> -Dennis
>
> On 19 Jun 2001 20:02:09 +0000, Mike Stover wrote:
> > I'm a little confused by this because virtually everything in JMeter
> > presents a GUI when you click on it.  Were you able to right-click on
> > "Test Plan" and add a ThreadGroup?  And then right-click on that and add
> > test configuration objects?
> >
> > Check your jmeter.properties file (in the /bin directory where you have
> > JMeter installed).  This file has an entry that looks like:
> >
> > search_paths=ApacheJMeter.jar
> >
> > It's near the top.  If it says something other than ApacheJMeter.jar,
> > then please change it to look like the above.
> >
> > If that still doesn't work, check the batch file that is used to start
> > JMeter (jmeter on  Unix, jmeter.bat in windows), and make sure it is
> > making the right classpath for you system.  I think 1.6.1 might have a
> > faulty jmeter.properties file - I will look into it.
> >
> > -Mike
> >
> > On Tuesday 19 June 2001 19:01, dennis@zserve.com wrote:
> > > Hello list,
> > >
> > > I'm new to Jmeter,
> > >
> > > After reading the online documentation, I have not found info for the
> > > syntax that go
> > > in each jmx file.
> > >
> > > I get the hint that the GUI should allow me to enter this information
> > > in, but when I click
> > > on an item, nothing happens on the right side of the GUI.  Is this
> > > simply not
> > > implimented yet or perhaps is the version I downloaded not working
> > > properly.
> > >
> > > (Downloaded 1.6.1).
> > >
> > > I was able to run a simple url test but it would sure be nice if I
> > > could configure things
> > > a little more.
> > >
> > > Any suggestions where to go next?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance.
> > >
> > > -Dennis

> > --
> > Mike Stover
> > mstover1@apache.org

Mike Stover
mstover1@apache.org

Re: XML Specs

Posted by "dennis@zserve.com" <de...@zserve.com>.

Re: XML Specs

Posted by Mike Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
I'm a little confused by this because virtually everything in JMeter presents
a GUI when you click on it.  Were you able to right-click on "Test Plan" and
add a ThreadGroup?  And then right-click on that and add test configuration
objects?

Check your jmeter.properties file (in the /bin directory where you have
JMeter installed).  This file has an entry that looks like:

search_paths=ApacheJMeter.jar

It's near the top.  If it says something other than ApacheJMeter.jar, then
please change it to look like the above.

If that still doesn't work, check the batch file that is used to start JMeter
(jmeter on  Unix, jmeter.bat in windows), and make sure it is making the
right classpath for you system.  I think 1.6.1 might have a faulty
jmeter.properties file - I will look into it.

-Mike

On Tuesday 19 June 2001 19:01, dennis@zserve.com wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I'm new to Jmeter,
>
> After reading the online documentation, I have not found info for the
> syntax that go
> in each jmx file.
>
> I get the hint that the GUI should allow me to enter this information
> in, but when I click
> on an item, nothing happens on the right side of the GUI.  Is this
> simply not
> implimented yet or perhaps is the version I downloaded not working
> properly.
>
> (Downloaded 1.6.1).
>
> I was able to run a simple url test but it would sure be nice if I could
> configure things
> a little more.
>
> Any suggestions where to go next?
>
> Thanks in advance.