Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Samuel Sadek <sa...@hotmail.com> on 2002/02/25 02:16:13 UTC

RE: JAMES JDBC store mail method

This issue is now closed and requires an Oracle patch to JDBCMailRepository
class. This source patch should be ready very soon.

S.

please refer to thread subject "How to make James work with Oracle
database?" for further information about problem.

>I currently have JAMES 2.02a/Oracle 8.1.7 installed using message_body type
>of LONG which is a 2GB text string similar to a VARCHAR2 (max 4000 chars).

>Whenever I attempt to write and thus send the mail to a recipient, I
>noticed that JAMES overwrites and thus clears both the header and body
>output
streams twice.

>Actually I placed some debug traces in the MimeMessageWrapper class
(writeTo(OutputStream headerOs, OutputStream bodyOs, String[] ignoreList)