Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by ka...@in.ibm.com on 2000/12/06 08:12:26 UTC

SSL for SOAP on TOMCAT

Please kindly send a direct reply to me, as I am not  a member of this
mailing list.

The system:
I have two tomcat-with-ssl-enabled servers running : one as frontend and
another as backend. The mode of communication between these to servers is
SOAP-based RPC-call with HTTP protocol binding. The SOAP version, on which
the SOAPserver is implemented, is IBM-SOAP-1.2.

I need your help here please :
Can I have SSL communication between these two servers (frontend and
backend) without any change to the SOAP-communications ? If no, then what
more whould I do -- do I have to upgrade SOAP version to APACHE SOAP2.0 ?

Thanks in Advance.
- Ashish

RE: SSL for SOAP on TOMCAT

Posted by CPC Livelink Admin <cp...@fitzpatrick.cc>.
Not being a user of SOAP, my answer is that usage of SSH (openssh.org) to
form a secure tunnel using port redirection would be effective. Then it
matters not what versions you are using.

RE: SSL for SOAP on TOMCAT

Posted by CPC Livelink Admin <cp...@fitzpatrick.cc>.

RE: SSL for SOAP on TOMCAT

Posted by CPC Livelink Admin <cp...@fitzpatrick.cc>.