Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Weston, Steve" <St...@perceptive.com> on 2014/01/08 14:11:23 UTC

release-plugin non-interactive release and system properties

I'm confused as to how the version number in a pom file and the system properties like -DdevelopmentVersion=2.0-SNAPSHOT and -DreleaseVersion=1.2

interact.

Steve Weston
Principal Software Engineer

PAREXEL International
Perceptive Informatics UK Ltd
8th Floor, Centre City Tower
5/7 Hill Street
Birmingham, UK, B5 4UA

T +44.(0)121.616.5600
Steve.Weston@PAREXEL.com<ma...@PAREXEL.com>
www.PAREXEL.com<http://www.parexel.com/>

[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: C:\Users\MorrisoE\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.Word\R1_Logo.png]<http://www.parexel.com/>

This communication, including any attachments, is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential material. Any review, retransmission, distribution or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please destroy any copies, contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.  Thank you.

Perceptive Informatics UK Limited (Company No. 03675405) is registered in England and Wales with a registered office at The Quays, 101-105 Oxford Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, United Kingdom UB8 1LZ

RE: release-plugin non-interactive release and system properties

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
did you remove release.properties first... because once that file is
sitting there all bets are off

On 9 January 2014 10:29, Weston, Steve <St...@perceptive.com> wrote:

> Thanks  for the reply. Unfortunately I get the same result when using a
> SNAPSHOT in the <version> tag too. Is my assumption that the command line
> arguments override the values in the pom correct ?
>
> Steve Weston
> Principal Software Engineer
>
> PAREXEL International
> Perceptive Informatics UK Ltd
> 8th Floor, Centre City Tower
> 5/7 Hill Street
> Birmingham, UK, B5 4UA
>
> T +44.(0)121.616.5600
> Steve.Weston@PAREXEL.com
> www.PAREXEL.com
>

> This communication, including any attachments, is intended only for the
> person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
> material. Any review, retransmission, distribution or other use of this
> prohibited. If you received this in error, please destroy any copies,
> contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.  Thank you.
>
> Perceptive Informatics UK Limited (Company No. 03675405) is registered in
> England and Wales with a registered office at The Quays, 101-105 Oxford
> Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, United Kingdom UB8 1LZ

Posted by th...@vkb.de.
Hi Steve,