Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Ian Vink <ia...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/15 04:03:47 UTC

Re: Fragment Highlighter Phrase?

I use the Lucene.NET implementation. (2.3)
There is a Lucene.Net.Search.Spans.SpanScorer class, but it's not public I
assume I'd have to use it as a base class for my own.

Do you have a simple example on how, in Java, to use the SpanScorer to get a
highlighter to return only fragments that are part of the phrase in the
Query?

Ian

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 8:28 AM, Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ian Vink wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to get phrases counted in the list of fragments that come
>> back from Highlighter.GetBestFragments() in general.
>> It seems to only take words into account.
>>
>> Ian
>>

> Not sure I fully understand, but have you tried the SpanScorer? It allows
> the Highlighter to work with phrase/span queries.
>
> - Mark

[ANN] VTD-XML 2.5

Posted by cr...@comcast.net.
VTD-XML 2.5 is now released. Please go to https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=110612&package_id=120172&release_id=661376  to download the latest version.

Changes from Version 2.4 (2/2009)

* Added separate VTD indexing generating and loading (see http://vtd-xml.sf.net/persistence.html for further info)
* Integrated extended VTD supporting 256 GB doc (In Java only).
* Added duplicateNav() for replicate multiple VTDNav instances sharing XML, VTD and LC buffer (availabe in Java and C#).
* Various bug fixes and enhancements

Re: Fragment Highlighter Phrase?

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
Ian Vink wrote:
> Thanks Mark,
> I got the latest Contrib bits for Highlighter.net (Jan 28/2008 Version
> 2.3.2) but it looks similar to the older 2.0.0
>
> There is a QueryScroer only.
>
> Any ideas? (Really important to me :)
>
> Ian

I'll send out an email and see if I can get my hands on the C# port a
guy did a year or so ago. He has offered to share it in the past.

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com

Re: Fragment Highlighter Phrase?