Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Matthew Schuyler Peck <mp...@xapsolutions.com> on 2003/03/10 00:26:42 UTC

Windows source installation

I've discovered that, when running James 2.1.2 on a Windows machine,
unpacking the src zip into the james-2.1.2 directory breaks the environment
(this answers a problem I brought up last week). Before unpacking the
source, run.sh executes normally. After unpacking the source, run.sh throws
a series of exceptions stemming from a ClassNotFoundException when trying to
load File_Persistent_Stream_Respository.class. How can unpacking the source
into the james directory break the environment like this? I am not
overwriting anything when I unzip the archive.

Matthew Schuyler Peck

RE: Windows source installation

Posted by Matthew Schuyler Peck <mp...@xapsolutions.com>.
Yeah, I meant run.bat. Sorry. I'm running this on both Linux and Windows.

So I want to unpack the binary distribution into the dist/ directory of the
source tree? Works for me. Thanks.

Matthew Schuyler Peck

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.