Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Andrey Mashenkov <an...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/10 14:04:07 UTC

Re: Apache Ignite cluster in with MulticastIP

Hi,

You should set MulticastGroup and MulticastPort to enable muticast.
See [1] and [2]

[1]
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/cluster-config#multicast-based-discovery
[2]
https://ignite.apache.org/releases/mobile/org/apache/ignite/spi/discovery/tcp/ipfinder/multicast/TcpDiscoveryMulticastIpFinder.html

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 4:54 PM, abhijitprusty <ab...@fico.com>
wrote:

> I am using the below config for the multicast but seems its not forming the
> topology. I am using a JBOSS server which is clustered.
>
> <bean
> class="org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.ipfinder.multicast.
> TcpDiscoveryMulticastIpFinder">
>                         <property name="addresses">
>                             <list>
>
>                                 <value>127.0.0.1:47500..47509</value>
>                             </list>
>                         </property>
>                     </bean>
>
> When I see in the logs both node behaves like its a new server, the server
> count is not increasing.
> Node 1 - Topology snapshot [ver=1, servers=1, clients=0, CPUs=4,
> heap=18.0GB]
> Node 2 - Topology snapshot [ver=1, servers=1, clients=0, CPUs=4,
> heap=18.0GB]
>
> If I fire request on each node, one node says the ignite instance is not
> null, and the node 2 shows below error
> Exception in duplicate check : Error: Ignite instance with provided name
> doesn't exist. Did you call Ignition.start(..) to start an Ignite instance?
> [name=null]
>
> I need really help here to get this issue fixed.

Best regards,
Andrey V. Mashenkov

Re: Apache Ignite cluster in with MulticastIP

Posted by Andrey Mashenkov <an...@gmail.com>.
I send you a link [1] to documentation with example how to configure
multicast.

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 5:11 PM, abhijitprusty <ab...@fico.com>
wrote:

> Thanks Andrew.
>

> But I am very new to ignite and I would be really great if you could guide
> on how to do it ?

Best regards,
Andrey V. Mashenkov

RE: Apache Ignite cluster in with MulticastIP

Posted by abhijitprusty <ab...@fico.com>.
Thanks Andrew.

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 4:54 PM, abhijitprusty <[hidden email]</user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=11111&i=0>> wrote:
I am using the below config for the multicast but seems its not forming the
topology. I am using a JBOSS server which is clustered.

<bean
class="org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.ipfinder.multicast.TcpDiscoveryMulticastIpFinder">

http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/Apache-Ignite-cluster-with-Multicast-IP-Startegy-tp11110p11111.html
NAML<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>