Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Oliver Thalmann <Ol...@hospvd.ch> on 2004/08/31 17:54:39 UTC

[users@httpd] /usr/sbin/httpd processes becomes /usr/sbin/-e ?

Hi,

using apache 2.0.50, i see sometimes, apparently when executing perl
code with mod_perl,
that the process name shown by "ps" changes from "/usr/sbin/httpd" to
"/usr/sbin/-e"

i don't think this is normal, and i don't understand if this "-e"
processname does have some special meaning ?
Are there any events that can trigger this processname change ?

Thanks

Re: [users@httpd] /usr/sbin/httpd processes becomes /usr/sbin/-e ?

Posted by Oliver Thalmann <Ol...@hospvd.ch>.
Joe Orton wrote:

>On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 05:54:39PM +0200, Oliver Thalmann wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>using apache 2.0.50, i see sometimes, apparently when executing perl
>>code with mod_perl,
>>that the process name shown by "ps" changes from "/usr/sbin/httpd" to
>>"/usr/sbin/-e"
>>

>This was a bug in versions of mod_perl older than 1.99_14, I believe.
>Have you tried upgrading to the latest mod_perl?
>
>joe

you're right, the problem disapeared with mod_perl 1.99_16

Thank you

Re: [users@httpd] /usr/sbin/httpd processes becomes /usr/sbin/-e ?

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com>.