Posted to users@maven.apache.org by buters <fr...@mail.ru> on 2008/10/05 16:34:09 UTC

"Couldn't find a version" error

Hi all,

http://www.nabble.com/file/p19825141/rcp_err.png

There is org.eclipse.equinox.registry-3.4.0-v20080516-0950.jar In my local
repository.
There is one dependency in its pom.xml:
  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.eclipse.equinox</groupId>
      <artifactId>common</artifactId>
      <version>[3.2.0,4.0.0)</version>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>

The question: where should I search for [3.2.1-R32x_v20060814,
3.3.0-v20070522] and [3.4.0,4.0.0)???
:confused::confused::confused:

Thanks beforehand,
regards, buters

Re: "Couldn't find a version" error

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net>.
What's the maven version you're using? Did you check that using the full
version name resolved the artifact? That's the first thing I'd do.

If it's OK, then try having more information using mvn -X (debugging) and
filing an issue in the tracker.

You could also try and understand the pb by reading the maven default
versioning code:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/artifact/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/artifact/versioning/DefaultArtifactVersion.java?view=markup

Cheers.

2008/10/5 buters <fr...@mail.ru>

> Hi all,
>
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p19825141/rcp_err.png
>
> There is org.eclipse.equinox.registry-3.4.0-v20080516-0950.jar In my local
> repository.
> There is one dependency in its pom.xml:
>  <dependencies>
>    <dependency>
>      <groupId>org.eclipse.equinox</groupId>
>      <artifactId>common</artifactId>
>      <version>[3.2.0,4.0.0)</version>
>    </dependency>
>  </dependencies>
>
> The question: where should I search for [3.2.1-R32x_v20060814,
> 3.3.0-v20070522] and [3.4.0,4.0.0)???
> :confused::confused::confused:
>
> Thanks beforehand,
> regards, buters

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !

Re: "Couldn't find a version" error

Posted by buters <fr...@mail.ru>.
I understood, It works with mvn eclipse:to-maven -DeclipseDir=. :jumping:

Posted by buters <fr...@mail.ru>.

Posted by Michael McCallum <gh...@apache.org>.

Posted by buters <fr...@mail.ru>.
Thank you, Simone, very much.:-D

Also,
1. registry-3.4.0-v20080516-0950.pom:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><project>
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>org.eclipse.equinox</groupId>
  <artifactId>registry</artifactId>
  <name>Extension Registry Support</name>
  <version>3.4.0-v20080516-0950</version>
  <licenses>
    <license>
      <name>Eclipse Public License - v 1.0</name>
      <url>http://www.eclipse.org/org/documents/epl-v10.html</url>
    </license>
  </licenses>
  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.eclipse.equinox</groupId>
      <artifactId>common</artifactId>
      <version>[3.2.0,4.0.0)</version>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>
</project>

2. I've created it with eclipse:to-maven and then copied in my local
repository.

3. The problem is that my project isn't quite Maven project. It is RCP
Project, that I want to build with Maven. I've created a simple Maven
project with a dependency from
org.eclipse.equinox.registry-3.4.0-v20080516-0950 and Maven has immediately
found it. The error happens only if I try to build my RCP project, Maven
cannot find this version in my local repository. %-| %-| %-|

Buters

Posted by Simone Gianni <si...@apache.org>.
Hi Butlers,

Posted by buters <fr...@mail.ru>.