Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Benjamin Graf <be...@gmx.net> on 2014/01/18 09:40:23 UTC

JDBC Feature

Hi,

actually a lot of JDBC stuff has been done for karaf. I'm just wondering
why it is done so heterogeneously in different apache projects. Karaf
uses blueprint and (not all the time!) dbcp for pooling and creating
datasources. Aries uses blueprint as well (:-)) but using
geronimo/tranql for pooling and creating. Since aries is part of karaf
enterprise, why using yet another enterprise abstraction? By the way. I
think aries has done a lot of good work to make working with JDBC quite
handy.

Just my 0.02€

What do you think?

Regards
Benjamin

Re: JDBC Feature

Posted by Benjamin Graf <be...@gmx.net>.
You right I missed the point that this is focused on xa only. There
should maybe be opened a ticket at aries to also support non xa
datasources as input. Not every jdbc driver has pooling capabilities itself.

Regards
Benjamin

Re: JDBC Feature

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.