Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Ivan Daschinsky <iv...@apache.org> on 2022/02/08 11:26:55 UTC

[DISCUSSION] Redis and memcached protocol support.

Igniters, I'd like to discuss the future of this functionality in Apache
Ignite

Today this functionality seems to be unusable
1. It is limited (especially redis)
2. It doesn't support HA (redis sentinel or redis cluster)
3. Nobody maintains it and even nobody fixes bugs. (i.e. [1] is not merged
for years).

If we want to support redis protocol, we should rewrite it and add HA
features.
Otherwise, I suppose that we should consider complete removal of this code
from codebase.

WDYT?

[1] -- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-7153

Re: [DISCUSSION] Redis and memcached protocol support.

Posted by Ivan Daschinsky <iv...@gmail.com>.
As for me, I believe that this should be removed. We have already proven
binary protocol that is under heavy use.

--
Sincerely yours, Ivan Daschinskiy

Re: [DISCUSSION] Redis and memcached protocol support.

Posted by Maxim Muzafarov <mm...@apache.org>.
Hello,

From my point of view, it's better to reduce the scope of features to