Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gregor Schneider <rc...@googlemail.com> on 2006/09/13 18:50:11 UTC

Partly solved, problems persist: Re: Tomcat 5.5: Servlet skips FormAuthentication?!?!?

Hi,

we got Authentication working now, however, there's a caveeat:

We just removed the context-file in
$catalina_home/conf/Catalina/localhost/SingleSignon.xml, and now it
starts.

What we do not understand is:

Why does an existing context-definition enable a servlet to bypass
FormBased Authentication????

And, furthermore:

What is the appropriate way to define a datasource in Tomcat 5.15 if
not in it's own context-definition-file?

Again, this is the context-definition-file we got removed from
$catalina_host/config/Catalina/localhost:

SingleSignOn.xml

<Context        path="/SingleSignOn"
                        reloadable="true"
                        docBase="${catalina.home}/webapps/SingleSignOn"
                        workDir="${catalina.home}/work" >

        <Resource   name="jdbc/SSODS"
                                auth="Container"
                type="javax.sql.DataSource"