Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by shapoor <es...@yahoo.com> on 2014/02/21 20:00:29 UTC

windows client and ignoring winutils.exe ??!!

hello everyone,
i installed "hbase-0.96.1.1-hadoop2" using "hadoop-2.2.0". The installation
is in a Linux machine. I am however willing to access it from a windows
client using java and eclipse. it always worked with hbase-0.94. But now i
get the following exception and my hbaseAdmin cannot be initialized. it
stays null.

"Could not locate executable
C:\Users\shapoor\sources\hadoop-2.2.0\bin\winutils.exe in the Hadoop
binaries."

I don't have an installation in windows. How can I ignore this?

regards,

RE: windows client and ignoring winutils.exe ??!!

Posted by Pankaj kr <pa...@huawei.com>.
You can go through these links and can adopt the required one,

   http://www.srccodes.com/p/article/39/error-util-shell-failed-locate-winutils-binary-hadoop-binary-path

   http://www.srccodes.com/p/article/38/build-install-configure-run-apache-hadoop-2.2.0-microsoft-windows-os

Regards,
Pankaj

winutils.exe is the native implementation for some of the utilities that hdfs and hadoop clients require. For the hbase client and hadoop client to work properly, you have to have it installed properly.
You can build it locally: http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hadoop2OnWindows.

Enis

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@apache.org>.