Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/09 17:49:24 UTC

Kitchen Sink Demo: exception via Web Start

Hi to all,
I've just tried the Kitchen Sink Demo via Web Start, but this time
with the new Java 6 Update 14 (as always under Windows XP).

Now it gives the following exception:

(java.util.PropertyPermission mrj.version read)
	at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
	at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPropertyAccess(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.System.getProperty(Unknown Source)
	at pivot.wtk.DesktopApplicationContext.main(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeApplication(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeMainClass(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.doLaunchApp(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Someone has the same problem ?
On Windows too (with other Java versions) ?

Bye,
Sandro

Re: Kitchen Sink Demo: exception via Web Start

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
I think it is safe to read that property, but I'll double-check. I
haven't uploaded the latest JARs - the trunk code isn't really stable
enough for that right now.

Posted by Greg Brown <gb...@vmware.com>.
Never mind, I see the problem. I thought I read something that said
the best way to check for Mac OS X was to look for the mrj.version
property. However, it appears that I should be looking at the os.name
property. Fixed.

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.