Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Bob Miller <rm...@generalcode.com> on 2010/02/03 17:19:48 UTC

Spring + CXF warning

I am getting this in my tomcat log every time my application starts:

2010-02-03 11:14:22.957 [http-80-1] WARN
org.springframework.beans.GenericTypeAwarePropertyDescriptor.getWriteMet
hodForActualAccess():110 - Invalid JavaBean property 'serviceBeans'
being accessed! Ambiguous write methods found next to actually used
[public void
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.JAXRSServerFactoryBean.setServiceBeans(java.util.Li
st)]: [public void
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.JAXRSServerFactoryBean.setServiceBeans(java.lang.Ob
ject[])

And I am not sure if it's a spring issue or a cxf issue.  I am running
cxf 2.2.6 and spring 3.0-release.  Has anybody else seen this kind of
warning?

Thanks,

  Bob Miller

Re: Spring + CXF warning

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@progress.com>.
This warning can be ignored, I saw it too with Spring 3.
The factory bean has two methods,

setServiceBeans(Object... beans)

setServiceBeans(List<Object> beans)

with the first one delegating the last one. I think it is the actually the 2nd method which is being called by Spring 2.5.x, and 3.0
probably uses it too. perhaps it thinks the first method can take the whole list in its object array's 1st element ? Not sure...Just
tried again calling the 2nd method explicitly and the 1st one is not invoked, not ambiguity at the java level...May be we should
deprecate the 1st method and remove eventually...

Sergey