Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Henrique O. Santos" <he...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/19 21:30:24 UTC

Spatial Search killing Solr process

Hello all,

I have a Solr 4.10.3 collection with ~55 million documents (index size about 6GB) with a LatLonType field and a dynamic field for storing the coordinates, like stated here https://wiki.apache.org/solr/SpatialSearch#Schema_Configuration <https://wiki.apache.org/solr/SpatialSearch#Schema_Configuration>

I am trying to use geofilt to filter query results, but it is triggering the "OOM Killer script”, killing Solr process, after some seconds of processing. Other queries run fine. I have a machine with 64GB RAM, but just about 10GB free. Is that enough to handle a query like this?

Thanks,
Henrique.

Re: Spatial Search killing Solr process

Posted by "Henrique O. Santos" <he...@gmail.com>.