Posted to commits@hama.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2012/07/28 18:10:11 UTC

[Hama Wiki] Update of "FAQ" by thomasjungblut

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Hama Wiki" for change notification.

The "FAQ" page has been changed by thomasjungblut:
http://wiki.apache.org/hama/FAQ?action=diff&rev1=5&rev2=6

  A multithreaded running utility will start when submitting your job.
  Please refer to [[http://wiki.apache.org/hama/GettingStarted#Local_Mode|Local Mode]]

+ 4. '''When I submit a job, I see that it fails immediately without running a task.'''
+
+ Please look in your BSPMaster.log in the log directory under $HAMA_HOME/logs/hama-$USER-bspmaster-$HOSTNAME.log. If you see a line equal to
+ {{{
+ 2012-07-28 17:45:34,708 ERROR org.apache.hama.bsp.SimpleTaskScheduler: Scheduling of job test.jar could not be done successfully. Killing it!
+ }}}
+
+ the scheduler could not schedule your job, because you don't have enough resources (task slots) in your cluster available. So watch closely while submitting the job, if it says
+
+ {{{
+ 2012-07-28 17:45:34 INFO bsp.FileInputFormat: Total # of splits: 4
+ }}}
+
+ and your cluster shows (for example in the web UI) only 3 slots that are free, our scheduler could not successfully schedule all the tasks.
+ If you are familiar with Hadoop, you will be confused with this behaviour. Mainly because BSP needs the tasks to run in parallel, whereas in MapReduce the map tasks are not depending on each other (so they can be processed after each other).
+ We are sorry for the not existing error message and will fix this in near future.

  == Still not solved? ==
   * If you have any questions or something to say to us, please subscribe to our [[http://incubator.apache.org/hama/mailing_lists.html|user mailing list]] and post a message.