Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Womann, Sven" <sw...@de.festo.com> on 2013/09/03 15:58:37 UTC

RE: [users@httpd] Apache 2.4 ReverseProxy Issue

I figured out the following:

I run a 2.4.6 Apache as reverse proxy in front of serveral backend servers. Therefor I use Rewrite with P flag and ProxyPassReverse.

My config looks like this:

RewriteRule ^/cms/(([a-z]{2})(-[a-z]{2})?)_([a-z]{2,})/(.*)$ http://twww2_I.example.com:8080/cps/rde/xchg/${lc:$4}/hs.xsl/$5?Locale=$2&wsLocale=$1&wsCountry=$4 [P,NC,QSA,L]
        <Location /cms/>
                ProxyPassReverse /cps/rde/xchg/de/hs.xsl/
                ProxyPassReverse /cps/rde/xchg/at/hs.xsl/
                ProxyPassReverse /cps/rde/xchg/de-de/hs.xsl/
                ProxyPassReverse /cps/rde/xchg/ch-fr/hs.xsl/
                ProxyPassReverse /cps/rde/xchg/gb/hs.xsl/
               ProxyPassReverse /cps/rde/xchg/us/hs.xsl/
                ProxyPassReverse /cps/rde/xchg/en-us_us/hs.xsl/
                ProxyPassReverse /cps/rde/xchg/en-gb_gb/hs.xsl/
                ProxyPassReverse /cps/rde/xchg/es/hs.xsl/
                ProxyPassReverse /cps/rde/xchg/fi/hs.xsl/
                ProxyPassReverse /cps/rde/xchg/fi_fi/hs.xsl/
        </Location>

Now I request a URL (http://www.example.com/cms/de_de/basket.htm) which send a redirect 302 to https. The RP changes the location to http and I have a loop.
I sniffered between client and RP and backend. It is really the RP.

In other scenarios where I just have

<Location /app/>
                ProxyPassReverse /
</Locationn>

it works as it should.

With Apache 2.2 I don' t have this issue.