Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by "Patrick Sp." <pa...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/27 16:23:10 UTC

Generic data types

Hello,

I am developing a java application that can store and retrieve data  defined
by the following schema

CREATE TABLE  Tag as (
	TagGroup varchar(100),
	TagValue varchar(64), //which data type???
);

However, in practice, the 'TagValue' may be of different data types (float,
varchar, int,  etc). The right data type is known only at runtime.

My question is, how to declare 'TagValue' so it can be cast -in the java
application- to one of the data types supported by Derby? and then inserted
in the database in the right format?
Thanks for your answer.

--
по краям

Re: Generic data types

Posted by "Patrick Sp." <pa...@gmail.com>.
Thaaaaaaaank you Bryan, it works :jumping:
P.

Re: Generic data types

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@amberpoint.com>.