Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by un...@riverstyx.net on 1999/05/08 04:18:50 UTC

anonymous CVS?

Is the anonymous CVS coming back?  I don't think I've ever been able to
connect, and it still isn't... I just get connection refused.

---
tani hosokawa
river styx internet

Re: anonymous CVS?

Posted by Ask Bjoern Hansen <as...@valueclick.com>.
On 8 May 1999, Ben Hyde wrote:

> Rsync is a great tool to have in your bag of tricks
> for building distributed systems.

Absolutely. But it doesn't give you access to cvs logs, old revisions and
stuff like that.

I'll look into setting a anoncvs thingy up here (just mirroring the
repository from taz I guess, and be sure my boss will let us use the
bandwidth).

 - ask

--
ask bjoern hansen - <http://www.hyperreal.org/~ask/>
ValueClick        - <http://www.valueclick.com/>

Re: anonymous CVS?

Posted by Ben Hyde <bh...@pobox.com>.
Anon CVS is a pain to setup.  When it broke down
the person who was maintaining it was too busy to
get it up and running again.  Then people sang the
praises of rsync, and Brian set it up as "yet another
way to get at stuff."

Rsync is a great tool to have in your bag of tricks
for building distributed systems.

It sure is fast.
  <http://samba.anu.edu.au/rsync/>

  - ben

$ rsync rsync://dev.apache.org
Welcome to Apache.org's rsync daemon.  Please choose a repository:

apache-site    	Apache WWW Site
apache-dist    	Apache software distribution
apache-devsite 	Apache Developer's web site
apache-1.3     	Apache 1.3 CVS tree (updated 4x/day)
apache-1.2     	Apache 1.2 CVS tree (updated 4x/day)
apache-nspr    	Apache NSPR prototype CVS tree (updated 4x/day)
apache-apr     	Apache-APR CVS tree (updated 4x/day)
$ rsync --version
rsync version 2.2.1  protocol version 19

Written by Andrew Tridgell and Paul Mackerras
$

Re: anonymous CVS?

Posted by un...@riverstyx.net.
I've got enough bandwidth to handle something like that right now, if I
could just get access to the actual data...

---
tani hosokawa
river styx internet

Re: anonymous CVS?