Posted to user@lucenenet.apache.org by Frank Doyle <fd...@macdoyle.com> on 2008/08/29 20:13:36 UTC

Problem with too many digits in a string

I've run into a problem indexing/searching for a string that has too many
digits in it.  The number of digits seems to vary a bit, but it seems to
fail at around 10 consecutive digits or more.  Here are some examples of
indexed fields and the search terms that are either failing or succeeding.
I'm indexing this field as a keyword (Field.Index.UN_TOKENIZED,
Field.Store.YES) and using a standard analyzer for everything.

indexed:
  1212121212121212
failed search:
  1212121212121212
  121212121212121*
  12121212121212*
  1212121212121*
  121212121212*
  12121212121*
successful search:
  1212121212*
  121212121*
  12121212*
  1212121*
  121212*

//The alpha characters breaking up the numbers seem make this string
properly searchable.
indexed:
  1212f1212f1212f1
successful search:
  1212f1212f1212f1
  1212f1212f1212f*

indexed:
  a121212121212121
failed search:
  a121212121212121
  a12121212121212*
  a1212121212121*
  a121212121212*
  a12121212121*
successful search:
  a1212121212*
  a121212121*
  a12121212*
  a1212121*

indexed:
  a999999999999999
failed search:
  a999999999999999
successful search:
  a99999999999999*

indexed:
  9999999999999999
failed search:
  9999999999999999
successful search:
  999999999999999*

Re: Problem with too many digits in a string

Posted by Doug Sale <do...@gmail.com>.
What analyzer are you using at search-time?