Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Jean-Marc Vanel <jm...@free.fr> on 2003/01/23 14:33:09 UTC

XML Schema validation for sitemap

Hello

I have put a corrected version of :
<!-- $Id: sitemap-2.1-draft.xsd,v 1.5 2003/01/14 10:36:50 cziegeler Exp
$ -->

here:
http://jmvanel.free.fr/cocoon/sitemap.xsd

It integrates corrections suggested by several XML Schema validation
tools (XSV, Xerces).

I continue the investigation. Details here:
http://jmvanel.free.fr/xsd/valid-sitemap.txt

--
Jean-Marc Vanel
jmvanel@free.fr

XML Publication
http://wwbota.free.fr/XMLPublication/doc/index.html

Worldwide Botanical Knowledge Base
http://wwbota.free.fr/

Re: XML Schema validation for sitemap

Posted by Konstantin Piroumian <kp...@apache.org>.
From: "David Crossley" <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>

Thanks David for appling this patch!

> Thanks, i added your changes to CVS. Please be aware that
> there has not been much activity with that W3C Schema for
> Cocoon Sitemap. The last changes were about 7 months ago.
> In the meantime there has been various work with the
> RELAX NG grammar at WEB_INF/entities/sitemap-v06.rng
> The two grammars may easily be out-of-sync.

There were no need to make changes to it (except maybe the pipeline -> pipe)
that's why there's no much activity on it.

The sitemap Schema was validating correctly almost every sitemap in Cocoon
sources and it also handled several incorrect situations like generators
before readers, etc. I've made it draft because it was not very correct from
the point of view of W3C Schema spec and patches are always welcome!

--
  Konstantin

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.
Thanks, i added your changes to CVS. Please be aware that
there has not been much activity with that W3C Schema for
Cocoon Sitemap. The last changes were about 7 months ago.
In the meantime there has been various work with the
RELAX NG grammar at WEB_INF/entities/sitemap-v06.rng
The two grammars may easily be out-of-sync.

If possible, next time please add your patches to Bugzilla,
as your important work may easily get lost if you just
send notification to the mailing list.

--David