Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by praveenesh kumar <pr...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/02 14:15:14 UTC

How can I configure oozie to submit different workflows from different users ?

Hi all,

I want to use oozie to submit different workflows from different users.
These users are able to submit hadoop jobs.
I am using hadoop 0.20.205 and oozie 3.1.3
I have a hadoop user as a oozie-user

I have set the following things :

conf/oozie-site.xml :

< property >
< name >oozie.services.ext< /name >
< value >org.apache.oozie.service.HadoopAccessorService
< /value >
< description >
To add/replace services defined in 'oozie.services' with custom
implementations.Class names must be separated by commas.
< /description >
< /property >

conf/core-site.xml
< property>
< name>hadoop.proxyuser.hadoop.hosts< /name>
< value>*< / value>
< /property>
< property>
< name>hadoop.proxyuser.hadoop.groups< /name>
< value>*< /value>
< /property>

When I am submitting jobs as a hadoop user, I am able to run it properly.
But when I am able to submit the same work flow  from a different user, who
can submit the simple MR jobs to my hadoop cluster, I am getting the
following error:

JA009: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: The username kumar
obtained from the conf doesn't match the username hadoop the user
authenticated as    at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker.submitJob(JobTracker.java:3943)
at

at

at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1388)
at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1384)
at
org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1059)

at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:1382)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: The username kumar obtained from the conf
doesn't match the username hadoop the user authenticated as
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobInProgress.<init>(JobInProgress.java:426)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker.submitJob(JobTracker.java:3941)
... 11 more

Re: How can I configure oozie to submit different workflows from different users ?

Posted by praveenesh kumar <pr...@gmail.com>.
Is this a problem of proxy setting ? because after specifying the group
name also, I am not able to run it. Its still giving me the same error.

Thanks,
Praveenesh

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by praveenesh kumar <pr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
Praveenesh,

Re: Fwd: How can I configure oozie to submit different workflows from different users ?

Posted by praveenesh kumar <pr...@gmail.com>.
So I figured out the issue.
I was using wild cards in proxy settings. I think wild cards are not
allowed in hadoop 0.20.205. My bad, sorry.
Anyways giving the right values, made things work for me.
Even with "KerberosHadoopAccessorService", its working fine now :-).

Regards,
Praveenesh

Posted by praveenesh kumar <pr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by praveenesh kumar <pr...@gmail.com>.