Posted to users@ws.apache.org by Ted Dunning <td...@san.rr.com> on 2006/05/31 08:14:35 UTC

next release?

When does everybody think that the next stable release will be?

What level of stability should I expect?

Re: next release?

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
Ted Dunning wrote:

> When does everybody think that the next stable release will be?

July, perhaps.

> What level of stability should I expect?

Beta release: API is expected to be stable. Code is expected to be stable.
>From that point on, mainly bug fixes are expected. Feature enhancements, if
they do not make the code instable.

Further roadmap: When I propose the beta, I will most likely propose to cut
an RC1 four weeks later and the final release yet another four weeks later.
Unless, of course, there should be serious problems. Which is not to be
expected.

Jochen