Posted to users@felix.apache.org by dondragon2 <do...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/01 18:28:02 UTC

Re: Start Felix in silent mode

Thanks for all your inputs. I did the following.

 - removed the shell and the shelltui bundles.
 - installed the webconsole and dependencies
 - created a default profile felix.cache.profile=test in the
config.properties
 - pipe the output to /dev/null

This works fine and I am able to view and control the framework via the
webconsole.

The issue I am having now is that the I will not be able to see the outputs
if it is piped to /dev/null. If I pipe it to a file the using the following
code then the file is fill with recurring cursors - this is not good.

java -jar bin/felix.jar >> felix.out &

I am using a linux distro.

what can be done to easily resolve this?

Re: Start Felix in silent mode

Posted by dondragon2 <do...@gmail.com>.
thanks Karl.

apparently it was still being loaded from the config file. It seems to be
work now.

Re: Start Felix in silent mode

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
make sure you really removed the shell.tui.

regards,

Karl