Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Sergey Beryozkin <se...@iona.com> on 2008/02/08 13:37:20 UTC

CXF JAX-RS Provider for Aegis (Was: JAX-RS custom provider spring config)

Hi Jervis

Great, it's good that you agree as well...

I've started a new thread about what CXF JAX-RS can do to support alternative data binding providers,
like Aegis.

Can we just introduce some annotation which would serve purely as a marker and which our JAX-RS Aegis provider would recognize ?
Something like @AegisXMLRootElement ?

Cheers, Sergey

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
One of the issues you may run into with Aegis is that it doesn't really
create root elements at all as part of it's schema generation.   It
really just generates types.   The frontend has to handle the global
element creation stuff.     That's partially why there isn't a
@AegisXMLRootElement thing.

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer, IONA

Re: CXF JAX-RS Provider for Aegis (Was: JAX-RS custom provider spring config)

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <se...@iona.com>.
Ok...Lets have some annotation on a method

@ProduceMime("application/xml")
@Aegis
public Book getBook() {
}

alternatively we can say, as you suggested earlier :

@ProduceMime("application/xml")
@Provider("org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.AegisProvider")
public Book getBook() {
}

I kind of prefer the first option as it seems simpler for a user to apply, but perhaps the second option is something one can have standardized.

Cheers, Sergey

Posted by Jervis Liu <je...@gmail.com>.