Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Alan Dunn <am...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/13 17:27:33 UTC

THRIFT-2433 - Manual control of OpenSSL initialization

Hi folks,

I submitted issue 2433
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT-2433) about two weeks
ago to allow users to take manual control over OpenSSL initialization
rather than having Thrift's TSSLSocket do it because Thrift's
automatic control doesn't play nicely with other libraries and can
lead to OpenSSL deinitialization in unexpected places.  Since a little
while went by, and this was the first patch I've submitted to Thrift,
I figured I might ask on the dev list whether I did something wrong
that's causing the patch to be ignored, or whether it's some
combination of not high enough priority/you folks are too busy (which
I would completely understand).

Thanks,
- Alan

Re: THRIFT-2433 - Manual control of OpenSSL initialization

Posted by Alan Dunn <am...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jake,

Thanks for the quick response.  I'll make sure to set those flags
properly in the future.

- Alan

Posted by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org>.
Hey Alan