Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@visi.com> on 2008/01/10 06:39:44 UTC

geronimo-txmanager 2.1 release and genesis

I'm trying to put a 2.1 release of geronimo-txmanager so we can start
voting (and so we can include it in openejb and start that voting),
but there seems to be an issue with the genesis:project-config pom
forcing the release plugin to *only* look in https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/genesis/tags/

Anyone know what the issue is?

-David

Re: geronimo-txmanager 2.1 release and genesis

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
Turns out there's this in the genesis pom:

             <plugin>
                 <artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>
                 <configuration>
                     <tagBase>https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/genesis/tags/
</tagBase>
                 </configuration>
             </plugin>

So that's going to be the fixed value overriding any <scm*> elements
in the pom or *child* pom.  In order to change the fixed value which
overrides the plugin generated default you have to once again set the
fixed tagBase to something else in your child pom as follows:

             <plugin>
                 <artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>
                 <configuration>
                     <tagBase>https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/components/txmanager/tags/
</tagBase>
                 </configuration>
             </plugin>

-David

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
I ran into this problem trying to use the release plugin to release
these projects and could find no solution.  I couldn't figure out
what made the location in genesis non-overrideable.  I think we need
to get van zyl involved here or not use the release plugin.  But
maybe you will have better luck.

thanks
david jencks