Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Dirk Reske <di...@devhost.de> on 2009/05/07 08:20:51 UTC

how to build tomahawk

Hello,

Im trying to build tomahawk.
But where do I get some dependencies (like the portlet-api)?
I thought it was the apache portals project, but non of the libs
contains the required packages.

thanks and greets from germany
Dirk

RE: how to build tomahawk

Posted by "Knudsen, Joe" <Jo...@state.mn.us>.
Where does it put the 1.2 version of the jar?  I found this file but it
did not work as expected.

core12/target/dependency-maven-plugin-markers/org.apache.myfaces.tomahaw
k-tomahawk-jar-1.1.9-SNAPSHOT-1769829014

________________________________

Posted by Hazem Saleh <ha...@apache.org>.

Re: how to build tomahawk

Posted by Dirk Reske <di...@devhost.de>.
Hey,

I'm not really familar with maven (using ant).
When I execute the install task, after a while it is exiting with

[INFO] [checkstyle:check]
[ERROR]
Mojo:
    org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-checkstyle-plugin:2.2:check
FAILED for project:
    org.apache.myfaces.tomahawk:tomahawk12:jar:1.1.8
Reason:
You have 474 Checkstyle violations.

Dirk

RE: how to build tomahawk

Posted by "Knudsen, Joe" <Jo...@state.mn.us>.
Dirk,
Do you use a proxy for http requests?  That caused issues when Maven
tried to build all the parts.   I still fail to build cactus:

Downloading:
http://download.java.net/maven/1/cactus/poms/cactus-13-1.7.2.pom
[INFO] Unable to find resource 'cactus:cactus:pom:13-1.7.2' in
repository java.net (http://download.java.net/maven/1)
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/cactus/cactus/13-1.7.2/cactus-13-1.7.2.pom
[INFO] Unable to find resource 'cactus:cactus:pom:13-1.7.2' in
repository central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

That does not seem to impact the build.  I looked and the pom file does
not exist for 13-1.7.2.

Hope that helps,

Joe Knudsen

--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

Re: how to build tomahawk

Posted by Hazem Saleh <ha...@apache.org>.
Hi Dirk,

I just build Tomahawk and it works successfully with me.
All dependencies should be downloaded for you.
Please make sure that you updated your POM.xml file.

Re: how to build tomahawk

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.