Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Linda Walsh <sa...@tlinx.org> on 2012/01/17 10:30:59 UTC

Re: SA 3.3.2 buggie? -- message that DB file doesn't exist -- but systrace shows successful lock and open!

Michael Scheidell wrote:
> On 1/16/12 9:36 AM, Linda Walsh wrote:
>> This is not permission problem --
>> Message I get:
> have you tried to upgrade to the released version? 3.3.2?
>
> 3.0.2 was obsolete 6 years ago.
---
	Well, I could pretend like you wouldn't have guessed it was
a typo and tell you that you were right, and that after installing 3.3.2, I had
the exact same bug...

but, I'll just mention that it is 3.3.2...
  sa-learn --version
SpamAssassin version 3.3.2

That is 'still' having this problem (though I will note that most of the
references on this error message date back to the early 3.0 series...

So this bug has been out there for over 6 years (according to your timeline...)

That's a long time to ignore a widely found bug (by googling on it) -- the only
offering
of a solution was to check permissions -- which I verified in the trace, -- as not
being the problem -- but that the message being issued by SA was bogus.