Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Sharov_A <18...@mail.ru> on 2009/11/09 16:58:41 UTC

Message delivering.

Hello everybody!
I'm new to activemq and I have a question. I have a publisher and subcriber
to the topic, when I launch publisher it sends some messages to the topic,
then  I close that publisher and start subscriber and he doesn't get
messages that publisher sended early. I have examples from
http://www.developer.com/net/article.php/10916_3823691_2/Getting-started-with-Apache-NMS-Framework-and-Apache-ActiveMQ.htm
here  .  Also I'm using persistence
 <persistenceAdapter>
      <amqPersistenceAdapter directory="somefolder"/>
  </persistenceAdapter>

What classes should I use or ActiveMQ configuration? Help, please.
Thanks in advance.

Re: Message delivering.

Posted by Sharov_A <18...@mail.ru>.
Hello again!

I resolved message redelivering problem, by following:
add to subscriber code:

 IMessageConsumer consumer = session.CreateDurableConsumer(new
Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ.Commands.ActiveMQTopic("testing?consumer.retroactive=false"),
"testing listener", null, false);

and to config file:

<subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>
                          <timedSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy
recoverDuration="120000" />
</subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>

  but there is another problem:-((

I'm using all this in a failover mode, using filesharing (see my previous
message) and when I run pulisher for some time and then close him and kill
current broker, it switches to another broker (failover working), I run
subscriber and it  doesn't get messages. If I dont' kill broker all works
good. Any ideas?