Posted to users@royale.apache.org by Maria Jose Esteve <mj...@iest.com> on 2022/02/01 16:20:42 UTC

RE: Less and Royale

Hi, some time ago I had the same problem and Harb helped me (you can search for the thread in the list @users
I have made an excerpt for you:

	The compiler needs to understand the css in order to compile it. Any features that the compiler does not understand must be added to the 	compiler. Definitely add this as a Github issue.

	To use unsupported CSS features, you need a CSS file that doesn't run through the compiler. What I do is add a "defaults.css" file where I put that 	type of CSS and add the following line to my template html file:

	<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="./assets/css/defaults.css">

	Must be a plain vanilla CSS file (HTML style) [1]
	Namespaces are not recognized in normal css.

	[1] https://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/specs.en.html

Hiedra

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
I don't remember which version of Antlr we are using, but it is not the latest, so make sure you learn the right version of Antlr.  Check the downloads.xml to see.  The newer versions are quite different, IIRC.

HTH,
-Alex

On 2/9/22, 10:14 AM, "Maria Jose Esteve" <mj...@iest.com> wrote:

    Thanks Alex, you have given me the starting point.

    Hiedra

        De: Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID> Enviado el: martes, 1 de febrero de 2022 18:08
        Para: dev@royale.apache.org

        When we started on FlexJS/Royale, the CSS compilation was intended for use in Flash as well as JS.  Thus, the compiler only handled CSS syntax we knew we could easily implement in Flash.  The goal back then was not to create a full CSS implementation on Flash, or a full CSS parse in the compiler.

        Later, we tried to import some existing stylesheets from some Bootstrap themes and I think Material themes so we gave up on full equality between Flash and JS and taught the compiler to parse more CSS.

        Volunteers are welcome to enhance the compiler to handle even more CSS syntax.

        HTH,
        -Alex

        On 2/1/22, 8:32 AM, "Maria Jose Esteve" <mj...@iest.com> wrote:

            Hi, some time ago I had the same problem and Harb helped me (you can search for the thread in the list @users) I have made an excerpt for you:

                 The compiler needs to understand the css in order to compile it. Any features that the compiler does not understand must be added to the         compiler. Definitely add this as a Github issue.

                 To use unsupported CSS features, you need a CSS file that doesn't run through the compiler. What I do is add a "defaults.css" file where I put that      type of CSS and add the following line to my template html file:

                 <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="./assets/css/defaults.css">

                 Must be a plain vanilla CSS file (HTML style) [1]
                 Namespaces are not recognized in normal css.

                 [1] https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2FStyle%2FCSS%2Fspecs.en.html&amp;data=04%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7Cff92ebab6acb4033428108d9ebf7fe18%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C637800272625954913%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&amp;sdata=VzSNj2QpuE4DkE75ZiWVcfx9M5rcIjkAt%2FLuK3v4rPs%3D&amp;reserved=0

            Hiedra

            }

RE: Less and Royale

Posted by Maria Jose Esteve <mj...@iest.com>.
[...]

             [1] https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2FStyle%2FCSS%2Fspecs.en.html&amp;data=04%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C1e3016d025e940d53d2608d9ebc2e56b%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C637800044575808699%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&amp;sdata=%2BInTzPOFBFFPgGcnVxkL4zoZuTgDkQFH6ufLnhtAvos%3D&amp;reserved=0

        Hiedra

Re: Less and Royale

RE: Less and Royale

[...]

         [1] https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2FStyle%2FCSS%2Fspecs.en.html&amp;data=04%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7Caa7fd64ed8124ad2f60608d9e5a05e27%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C637793299654184072%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&amp;sdata=oJRui7w%2Ftt2y3gDkPze2Odvey6zl49bv4B9JL3bMuX4%3D&amp;reserved=0

    Hiedra

RE: Less and Royale

Posted by Yishay Weiss <yi...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Maria,

RE: Less and Royale

Re: Less and Royale

Posted by Hugo Ferreira <hf...@gmail.com>.
Thank you all.

For now, I'm going to focus using the default way (put a reference directly
on the template).

Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.invalid> escreveu no dia terça, 1/02/2022 à(s)
17:07:

Re: Less and Royale