Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Hyukjin Kwon <gu...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/09 13:41:10 UTC

Vectorized R gapply[Collect]() implementation

Guys, as continuation of Arrow optimization for R DataFrame to Spark
DataFrame,

I am trying to make a vectorized gapply[Collect] implementation as an
experiment like vectorized Pandas UDFs

It brought 820%+ performance improvement. See
https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/23746

Please come and take a look if you're interested in R APIs :D. I have
already cc'ed some people I know but please come, review and discuss for
both Spark side and Arrow side.

This Arrow optimization job is being done under
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-26759 . Please feel free to
take one if anyone of you is interested in it.

Thanks.

Re: Vectorized R gapply[Collect]() implementation

Posted by Hyukjin Kwon <gu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks guys <3.

FYI, I made a PR for collect and vectorized dapply too.
Given my tests, it boosts up the speed 1500%+, and 4600%+ each.

https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/23760
https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/23787

2019년 2월 11일 (월) 오전 4:45, Felix Cheung <fe...@hotmail.com>님이 작성:

Posted by Felix Cheung <fe...@hotmail.com>.