Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/17 21:02:28 UTC

[scxml-eclipse] Package names

The current package names used are:

<quote>
  - org.apache.commons.scxml
  - org.apache.commons.scxml.diagram
  - org.apache.commons.scxml.edit
  - org.apache.commons.scxml.editor
  - org.apache.commons.scxml.tests
</quote>

I suggest picking one main package name for your project and adding
all classes and (sub)packages underneath.

Currently, there are additions to the org.apache.commons.scxml
package, but that should really be reserved for the Commons SCXML
library. Indeed, I recommend avoiding using any package names that are
already present in Commons SCXML to avoid any namespace pollution and
potential confusion.

Perhaps we could use the following base package name for your work:

  org.apache.commons.scxml.modeling

Admittedly, its longer, but I think it namespaces the additions well
and clarifies purpose. I am open to other suggestions for the name.

Effectively, that would mean the source packages above would then be
the following longer variants instead:

  org.apache.commons.scxml.modeling
  org.apache.commons.scxml.modeling.diagram
  org.apache.commons.scxml.modeling.edit
  org.apache.commons.scxml.modeling.editor

Would that be OK with you?

There is no real need for a "tests" package unless its actually a
source package that makes testing easier :-) If thats hard to parse,
see Commons SCXML test package in src/main/java and its purpose.

Again, please do not remove / delete anything from SVN because of what
I say here, we can easily move things around while maintaining history
once we decide on the new package name(s).

-Rahul

Re: [scxml-eclipse] Package names

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
2010/5/18 Xun Long Gui <us...@gmail.com>:
> Ok, for me, a proper package name is ok, i will change package name to:
> org.apache.commons.scxml.modeling
> org.apache.commons.scxml.modeling.diagram
> org.apache.commons.scxml.modeling.edit
> org.apache.commons.scxml.modeling.editor
> and submit it soon

<snip/>

Great, thanks a lot.

-Rahul

Posted by Xun Long Gui <us...@gmail.com>.
Ok, for me, a proper package name is ok, i will change package name to:
org.apache.commons.scxml.modeling
org.apache.commons.scxml.modeling.diagram
org.apache.commons.scxml.modeling.edit
org.apache.commons.scxml.modeling.editor
and submit it soon

2010/5/18 Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>

> The current package names used are:
>
> <quote>
>  - org.apache.commons.scxml
>  - org.apache.commons.scxml.diagram
>  - org.apache.commons.scxml.edit
>  - org.apache.commons.scxml.editor
>  - org.apache.commons.scxml.tests
> </quote>
>
> I suggest picking one main package name for your project and adding
> all classes and (sub)packages underneath.
>
> Currently, there are additions to the org.apache.commons.scxml
> package, but that should really be reserved for the Commons SCXML
> library. Indeed, I recommend avoiding using any package names that are
> already present in Commons SCXML to avoid any namespace pollution and
> potential confusion.
>
> Perhaps we could use the following base package name for your work:
>
>  org.apache.commons.scxml.modeling
>
> Admittedly, its longer, but I think it namespaces the additions well
> and clarifies purpose. I am open to other suggestions for the name.
>
> Effectively, that would mean the source packages above would then be
> the following longer variants instead:
>
>  org.apache.commons.scxml.modeling
>  org.apache.commons.scxml.modeling.diagram
>  org.apache.commons.scxml.modeling.edit
>  org.apache.commons.scxml.modeling.editor
>
> Would that be OK with you?
>
> There is no real need for a "tests" package unless its actually a
> source package that makes testing easier :-) If thats hard to parse,
> see Commons SCXML test package in src/main/java and its purpose.
>
> Again, please do not remove / delete anything from SVN because of what
> I say here, we can easily move things around while maintaining history
> once we decide on the new package name(s).
>
> -Rahul

Best Regards

Gui Xun Long (桂训龙)