Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org> on 2022/11/23 22:21:21 UTC

December 2022 board report draft

Hi,

I plan to submit the following report in two weeks.

Feedback welcome,

Thanks,
Robert

---

Apache Sling™ is a framework for RESTful web-applications based on an
extensible content tree.

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention.

## Membership Data:
Apache Sling was founded 2009-06-17 (13 years ago)
There are currently 48 committers and 29 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 3:2.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Joerg Hoh on 2022-06-13.
- No new committers. Last addition was Ashok Pelluru on 2022-06-07.

## Project Activity:
We released version 12 of our sample application, the Sling Starter, on
March 18th, 2022. We have not yet made plans for version 13, but
individual modules are being developed and released, with 35 releases
for this reporting period.

## Community Health:
There is a decline in community activity, fewer activity can be seen in
issue trackers, emails and GitHub. Contributions are still at healthy
levels, and the trend should be monitored on a longer term.