Posted to user@spark.apache.org by wangfei <hz...@163.com> on 2019/03/12 06:19:21 UTC

[SHUFFLE]FAILED_TO_UNCOMPRESS(5) errors when fetching shuffle data with sort-based shuffle

Hi all,
     Non-deterministic FAILED_TO_UNCOMPRESS(5) or ’Stream is corrupted’  errors may occur during shuffle read, described as this JIRA(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-4105).
     There is not new comment for a long time in this JIRA.  So,  Is there anyone seen these errors in latest version, such as spark-2.3?
     Can anyone provide a reproducible case or  analyze the cause of these errors?
     Thanks.

Re: [SHUFFLE]FAILED_TO_UNCOMPRESS(5) errors when fetching shuffle data with sort-based shuffle

Posted by Imran Rashid <ir...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
We haven't seen many of these, but we have seen it a couple of times --
there is ongoing work under SPARK-26089 to address the issue we know about,
namely that we don't detect corruption in large shuffle blocks.

Do you believe the cases you have match that -- does it appear to be
corruption in large shuffle blocks?
Or do you not have compression or encryption enabled?  Both the prior
solution and the work under SPARK-26089 only work if either one of those is
enabled.

Posted by Vadim Semenov <va...@datadoghq.com>.

--
Sent from my iPhone