Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> on 2006/03/24 15:36:51 UTC

Re: svn commit: r388497 - in /forrest/trunk/main: forrest.build.xml targets/plugins.xml var/pluginlist2fetch.xsl webapp/default-forrest.properties

cdupoirieux@apache.org wrote:
> Author: cdupoirieux
> Date: Fri Mar 24 04:04:37 2006
> New Revision: 388497

> Log:
> (FOR-388 - Add the ability to define a list of plugins src locations to local-deploy them)

WhoooHooo - you have no dea how much I need this - thank you, thank you,
thank you.

I'm really impressed you managed to find your way around the deployment
ant files. They are really messay. There's an issue somewhere for us to
move that stuff into Java, far too much logic for an ANT build file.

Looking at the source it looks like it is only possible to define a
single src location. Is that correct?

I've no time right now, but it's a small job to provide multiple
potential locations and will do so as soon as I find the time.

Ross

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
> le 24/03/2006 15:36 Ross Gardler a écrit :
>
>> cdupoirieux@apache.org wrote:
>>
>>> Author: cdupoirieux
>>> Date: Fri Mar 24 04:04:37 2006
>>> New Revision: 388497

>>> Log:
>>> (FOR-388 - Add the ability to define a list of plugins src locations
>>> to local-deploy them)
>>

>> WhoooHooo - you have no dea how much I need this - thank you, thank
>> you, thank you.

> For instance you can set :
>
> project.required.plugins.src=${forrest.home}/plugins,${forrest.home}/whiteboard/plugins,${project.home}/plugins,${project.home}/whiteboard/plugins

Even better, I don't have to add anything ;-)

I've been hacking the deployment of in-house plugins (as in-house
because they talk to our proprietary back office systems and are
therefore of no use to anyone else) in ForrestBot pre-process scripts
for too long - this is a cool addition and takes us another step towards
being able to use plugins in-place (FOR-388), nice work.

Thanks again.

Ross

Posted by Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cy...@pcotech.fr>.
le 24/03/2006 15:36 Ross Gardler a écrit :
> cdupoirieux@apache.org wrote:
>> Author: cdupoirieux
>> Date: Fri Mar 24 04:04:37 2006
>> New Revision: 388497

>> Log:
>> (FOR-388 - Add the ability to define a list of plugins src locations
>> to local-deploy them)
>

> WhoooHooo - you have no dea how much I need this - thank you, thank
> you, thank you.
>
> I'm really impressed you managed to find your way around the
> deployment ant files. They are really messay. There's an issue
> somewhere for us to move that stuff into Java, far too much logic for
> an ANT build file.
>
> Looking at the source it looks like it is only possible to define a
> single src location. Is that correct?
Yes and no, the use is the same as for the project.required.plugins
property to define the (comma separated) list of plugins src directories
your project uses :

For instance you can set :

project.required.plugins.src=${forrest.home}/plugins,${forrest.home}/whiteboard/plugins,${project.home}/plugins,${project.home}/whiteboard/plugins

and define your own plugins in the two - project specific - directories
: ${project.home}/plugins or ${project.home}/whiteboard/plugins

Salutations,
Cyriaque,