Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Fredrik Bonander <fr...@cloudnine.se> on 2008/01/10 17:30:17 UTC

First JSP page, Can't get Tomcat to show jsp-pages

Hi,

I ran quickly in to a problem with my first JSP page under Tomcat.
I've also been browsing google and java forums and can't seem to find
any solution.

I'm running Tomcat 6, and trying to show an simple Hello World JSP page.

But it keeps giving me an 404 error with the message:

HTTP Status 404 - Servlet jsp is not available

type Status report

message Servlet jsp is not available

description The requested resource (Servlet jsp is not available) is
not available.

If I rename the hello.jsp to hello.html it works fine. And a servlet
compiled from a helloworld.java works fine.

After some testing it seems that no jsp-pages works.

In the logs it says that the server started okey, but in the localhost
log it says:

Jan 10, 2008 2:13:05 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext
loadOnStartup
SEVERE: Servlet /db threw load() exception
javax.servlet.ServletException: Error instantiating servlet class
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet

I use these paths:

Using CATALINA_BASE: /usr/local/tomcat
Using CATALINA_HOME: /usr/local/tomcat
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /usr/local/tomcat/temp
Using JRE_HOME: /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/
CurrentJDK/Home

Please help, any hints, link are most welcome!

..fredik
--
Cloud Nine
Fredrik Bonander

- the infinite power of the creative mind -

Linnégatan 89 E
Box 10304
100 55 Stockholm
Sweden