Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Malachi de AElfweald <ma...@tremerechantry.com> on 2002/10/05 12:46:33 UTC

Tomcat4.1.12 + Apache2.0.35 + jk2

I have Tomcat running successfully Standalone, but I am trying to link it via jk2/jni
to Apache to speed it up a bit (even locally it is slow).

I set it up as best I could via the documents on the www.apache.org website, but alas,
I am stuck.

[it is FreeBSd 4.6]

LoadModule jk_module libexec/apache2/mod_jk2
causes:
Cannot load /usr/local/libexec/apache2/mod_jk2.so into server: /usr/local/libexec/apache2/mod_jk2.so:
Undefined symbol "pthread_mutex_unlock"

so, I installed linuxthreads from the Port Collection (pthreads support)
that created /usr/lib/liblthread.*

It doesn't seem to affect Apache's error. If I specifically try
to LoadModule it, it says that it doesn't fit the API -- otherwise
it says that pthread_mutex_unlock is undefined.

Any thoughts?

PS> I also tried linking the linux-sun-jdk14 native_threads/libhpi.so into the lib/apache2 and
libexec/apache2 directories, but no luck there either...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Malachi

Re: Tomcat4.1.12 + Apache2.0.35 + jk2