Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Jianshi Huang <ji...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/13 06:51:28 UTC

Re: RDD to DStream

I also discussed with Liancheng two weeks ago. And he suggested to use
toLocalIterator to collect partitions of RDD to driver (same order if RDD
is sorted), and then turn each partition to a RDD and put them in the queue.

So: To turn RDD[(timestamp, value)] to DStream

1) Group by timestamp/windowSize
2) Sort RDD by (group, timestamp)
3) Use toLocalIterator to collect each group/partition
4) Turn each group/partition to RDD and put them in a Queue
5) Use SparkStreamingContext.queueStream to consume the Queue[RDD] as
DStream

Looks good to me, will try it today. The downside is all data needs to be
collect to driver, is there a way to avoid doing this?

Thanks
Jianshi