Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Amila Jayasekara <th...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/09 16:12:36 UTC

[TESTING] Apache Airavata 0.9 RC1

Hi All,

Following distributions are available in [1] for testing. Due to space
issue we are hosting binaries in dropbox (until we resolve the issue with
the help of apache infra).

Server distributions *(both in zip & tar.gz formats)
======================================
    > Standalone-Server - *apache-airavata-server-0.9-SNAPSHOT-bin.zip
    > Server-As-a-WebApp - apache-airavata-server-0.9-SNAPSHOT-war.zip

Client distributions *(both in zip & tar.gz formats)
=====================================
    > API-Client- apache-airavata-client-0.9-SNAPSHOT-bin.zip
    > GUI-Client - apache-airavata-xbaya-gui-0.9-SNAPSHOT-bin.zip

*Here are some pointers for testing*
- Verify the fixed issue for this release [2]
- Verify the basic workflow composition/execution/monitoring scenarios from
Airavata 5 & 10 min tutorials [3],[4]
- Verify basic use-cases for Airavata API [5] are working
- Verify client usecases relating to Paramberoo & ODI
- Verify the stability with derby & mysql backend databases
- Verify that the XBaya JNLP distribution works (we need documentation on
how to deploy it)
- Verify deploying Airavata server in a tomcat distribution

Thank you
Regards
Amila (On behalf of Airavata PMC)

[1] https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1boz9sap7c3w4nh/cdfA5vsLuX
[2]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20AIRAVATA%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Fixed%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%220.9%22%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC
[3]
http://airavata.apache.org/documentation/tutorials/airavata-in-5-minutes.html
[4]
http://airavata.apache.org/documentation/tutorials/airavata-in-10-minutes.html
[5]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRAVATA/Gateway+Developer+Guide

Re: [TESTING] Apache Airavata 0.9 RC1

Posted by Saminda Wijeratne <sa...@gmail.com>.
Yes its supposed to be 0.10. I'll update it.

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu>.

Posted by Saminda Wijeratne <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu>.

Posted by Saminda Wijeratne <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu>.

Posted by Saminda Wijeratne <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Viknes Balasubramanee <vi...@msn.com>.
Hi guys,

When I download the source and do a clean install, the integration tests are
failing in my system because the command-line-suite fails. It tries to run

Posted by Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu>.
It doesn't sound like a blocker to me for the current release.
Potentially it could be an issue if we have multiple servers using the
same DB.

Marlon

Posted by Amila Jayasekara <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Posted by Chathuri Wimalasena <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi Amila,

Error occurs from the authenticate method of the JDBCUserStore class. Below
is the error message we get. It seems the hash generated for the credential
does not match with the hash already saved in the database. We did not get
this error in previous releases because we used to override user
information at each time server is created. For this release, we changed it
to save user information only for the initial database creation.

Submitted credentials for token
[org.apache.shiro.authc.UsernamePasswordToken - admin, rememberMe=false]
did not match the expected credentials.
org.apache.shiro.authc.IncorrectCredentialsException: Submitted credentials

Posted by Chathuri Wimalasena <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi Amila,

Posted by Amila Jayasekara <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chathuri,